THE INTERFAITH CENTER at the Presidio was created "to welcome, serve, and celebrate the diverse spiritual wisdom and faith traditions of the Bay Area." The Center is networked globally with hundreds of interfaith groups in 50 countries who share a common commitment: . . . to promote daily, enduring interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence, and to create cultures of peace, justice, and healing for the Earth and all living beings.
Twenty-two Bay Area interfaith groups currently are Sponsoring Organizations.
The Center's core activities are:
- Providing hospitality at the interfaith Main Post Chapel,
- Developing local and global connections, and
- Creating interfaith learning environments and resources.
The Interfaith Center at the Presidio is . . .
- a San Francisco Bay Area grassroots interfaith friendship-building nonprofit organization,
- your host at the Main Post Chapel in the Presidio of San Francisco and
- the San Francisco International Airport Reflection Room, two interfaith sanctuaries welcoming people of all faiths, and
- an inter-religious advocate of peacemaking among religions, locally and globally.
Never has the need for healthy cross-culture relationships been greater. The Interfaith Center at the Presidio has an historic commitment to healing and peacemaking within, between, and among religious and spiritual traditions.