Saturday, April 26, 2008

Searching for a Solution

I am now 61 years old – a fact which continues to amaze me. On my life’s path I have raised two terrific sons, headed numerous successful business ventures, and am now honored to have founded Common Tables and to be serving as its Executive Director. Along the way I’ve managed to learn a few things, one of which is the truth in Albert Einstein’s statement:

“The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.”

As applied to global harmony, this means simply that we can’t depend on the on the leaders of those systems which have formed divisions between peoples to bring down the barriers created by those systems. This is not to suggest that these leaders are “bad people”. We are simply acknowledging that our politicians and theologians may not hold the solution to the divisiveness they, at least in part, helped to create.

No comments: